Thursday, December 8, 2011

December

Now only a few weeks from Christmas I find myself reminiscent of hot summer days and fresh nibbles from the veg patch. The garden wasn't a huge success, but I did have a lot of luck with beans, zucchinis and jalapenos. We opened a jar of canned beans yesterday and I'm sad to say there are none left! I have loads of plum and blackberry jam that will get me through the winter and satisfy my appetite as I scheme and plot a new vegetable garden in my new backyard, with 5 preexisting fruit trees!

Beans and jam, winter staple.


I found some photos from the summer that will warm you up...

 Spiky eggplant, no luck with any fruit though :(

 Peppers! Lots of luck with these little poppers, made chilly jelly (chelly).

 Echinacea.

 Parsely.

 Chive flower

 I had an abundance of zucchini and really miss them now. So sweet and delicious.

 So many plums!

 Lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment